Welcome to the Ruhija Gorilla Lodge Bwindi – Uganda
Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge Bwindi is a beautiful luxury Safari Lodge that provides guests with the finest hospitality, restaurant /bar services and wonderful beds in personalized cabins Located in Ruhija amidst Bwindi forest a magnificent verdant swathe across numerous steep ridges of the Albertine Rift Valley.
Ruhija Gorilla Safari lodge is a unique safari lodge suitable for all classes of travelers; it welcomes you with a breath taking scenery of the forest, peace and tranquility – a home away from home to enjoy the melodies of insects and birds, surprise visits of monkeys or even gorillas.
The lodge has carefully designed rooms to blend with the natural environment around and provides quality hospitality. Our cabins are well equipped with comfortable beds and furniture that is well designed to maximize your comfort. The bath rooms are fitted with hot and cold water, every detail has been taken care of to give you the comfort you deserve.
Come and experience the Hospitality that is immersed in an entirely new and refreshing natural ambience which will make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one.
Ruhija Gorilla Safari lodge is a unique luxury hotel for both upper class and medium classes; it welcomes you with a breath taking scenery of the forest, peace and tranquility – a home away from home to enjoy the melodies of insects and birds, enjoy the surprise visits of monkeys or even gorillas.
The lodge has carefully designed rooms to blend the natural environment which provides with luxury and hospitality. Our cottages are well equipped with comfortable bed and furniture well design to maximize your comfort. The bath rooms are fitted with hot and cold water and every detail has been taken care of to give the comfort you needs.
Our restaurant enjoys the emphasis of the finest cuisine and the very best in the fresh local produce to give our dream customer the best service at the best price; you come as a visitor but you leave as a friend.
The bar has been designed to suit your best expectation; amidst the forest the evening breath will relax you after gorilla tracking. Our assortment of drinks range from soft drinks, beers, Sherries, spirits, wines among others.
- Gorilla tracking
- Bird watching
- Forest walk
- Community walk
In Buhoma, there is the a for tracking three gorilla groups with a range of other walks that provide more relaxed opportunities to sporting birds and monkeys.
- Munyanga river trail in the valley below Buhoma provides an ideal short walk to view birds and primates along the forest edge.
- Water fall trail leads through a pristine track of rain forest passing beneath tree ferns, epiphytic ferns and orchids to visit three sparkling water falls.
- Rushura hill trail provides expansive views across the plains of the western rift valley to the west Lake Edward and to the North Ruwenzori Mountain
- Muzabajiro loop climbs to the summit of Rukubira Hill for breath taking views of Bwindi forest, western rift valley and Virunga volcanoes.
- River Ivi trail follows an old road through beautiful forest immerging near Nguringo on the southern edge of the forest, it is highly recommended for bird watchers.
- Buhoma community walks. This goes through homesteads, the traditional healer, banana beer brewery and Batwa community. Local dance groups also perform traditional dance.